step 1 • register
Go to ginihealth.com/register and log in to (or create) your account
step 2 • collect dna
Do not eat, drink or smoke 30 min prior
- Place vial standing up on flat surface. Peel open bags containing swabs and remove a swab. Unscrew vial cap.
- Rub swab top firmly against the inside of your cheek 15-20 times, using light pressure similar to brushing your teeth. Rotate swab tip as you are rubbing. Cover entire cheek from top to bottom and side to side.
- Pick up vial and hold steady in one hand. Slowly twist swab into iSWAB vial with a corkscrew motion. There will be resistance, but push swab all the way to the bottom of tube.
- Hold vial steady. Move swab up and down rapidly inside the tube 10-15 times without moving the swab out of the liquid.
- Hold vial firmly and remove swab by slowly twisting out with a corkscrew motion. Discard swab. Screw the vial cap tightly.
- Place vial in the biohazard bag. Do not place the swab in the biohazard bag, throw it out!
step 3 • mail test kit
Place biohazard bag in prepaid return envelope.
- If you're in the US: use the attached return shipping label.
- Canada & rest of the world: place return envelope in your own packaging at your preferred shipping provider. Send to the address on the return envelope.